Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fall didn't fall, it bounded!



I thought I’d finally figured out Virginia’s weather pattern. Oppressively hot summers, blaringly cold winters, and puffs of spring and fall. Then today’s unnecessarily chilly temperatures greeted me as I left home. I was under the impression that fall gradually, even gently, made its way in for the season- not stampeding in like a herd of moose! 

I was, apparently, wrong. On both accounts. I have neither figured out Virginia’s weather pattern nor does fall gently dance in atop a big, fluffy cloud. 

One day we are outside breaking down the summer activities, having to take breaks to bring out body temperatures down from the borderline deadly levels, and bam! The next day it’s hoodies and gloves.

Now, I’m not complaining about the cooler temperatures. I truly do love fall; it is, hands down my favorite season. 

I just wish we had a gentler transition between the two. 

But now that autumn has made her way back to us, it’s time to embrace the season and all of its festivities!

It’s time for Oktoberfests, wine fests, and beer fests! It’s time to wiggle into jeans and leggings and slip into Uggs and boots. Of course, the Uggs reference is mainly for the ladies, though if you gentlemen feel the need to embrace your inner femininity far be it for us to criticize! 

It’s time for pumpkin spiced everything! It’s time for cinnamon smells and bonfires…snuggies, cozy socks, homemade soup, and trees that glow with red and gold leaves!

Until next year, adieu, summertime! Adios and vaya con dios, warmer weather! 

Since so many people are adoring fans of autumn, Family & MWR plans autumn activities for those in the JBM-HH community to enjoy! Visit our website for up-to-date information on all of the “happenin’s!”


~A

No comments:

Post a Comment